There’s a delicate balance between ground turkey being lean and dry or moist while still being calorie conscious. It’s easy to add tablespoons of oil to ground turkey making it a caloric nightmare. I’d rather have calories in there that add flavor and moisture!
It took me a couple of tries until I got the flavor and moisture I was looking for without hitting extreme calories. I still have a couple in the fridge, hazards of cooking for one, and I am loving them!
PLEASE REMEMBER that the calories mentioned apply to the brands and quantities of the ingredients I use. Please alter the calories based on the brands and quantities of ingredients you use. Same brand items made in the United States, may have a different calorie content than same brand items made here in Canada, please always read the calories on the label. I calculate the calories in the recipe section of the “Lose It” app on my iPhone. Lose It is available for Android, iOS, Nook, Kindle and on the Web.
– 16 3/4 oz/469 g extra lean ground turkey, 523 calories
– 1 teaspoon Calvita cold pressed olive oil, 40 calories
– 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 13 calories
– 2 tsp Edmond Fallot mustard with the seed, 20 calories
– 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Coriander/Cilantro paste, 7 calories
– 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Lemon Grass Blend paste, 20 calories
– 2 tbsp Unico Flame Rosted Red Pepper (mince after measuring), 5 calories
– 2 pressed cloves of garlic, 9 calories (2 tsp garlic powder are the same calories, but they eat up moisture where the pressed garlic adds moisture)
– 2 tsp Clubhouse Montreal Steak Spice without salt, 0 calories
– 1 tsp onion powder, 8 calories
– 1/4 tsp white pepper, 2 calories
– 1/4 tsp salt, 0 calories. Omit if you’re using Montreal Steak Spice with salt
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients thoroughly. Separate into four equal patties, I weighed them because I’m psycho! Place patties in a non-stick pan and fry on medium-low heat. I prefer to cook my patties slowly. If topping with cheese cover the pan with a lid to let the cheese melt.
Yield: 4 patties, each 162 calories
Or make it a meal that’s 444 calories:
– 22 g/~8 oz skim milk cheddar, 44 calories
– 1 Weight Watchers multigrain flat roll, 110 calories
– 1 c Roasted Vegetables, 128 calories
The turkey burger is low carb, moist (I wouldn’t go as far as to call it juicy) and very tasty. I hope you enjoy it as much I still am.
May your journey be delicious and the company you keep inspiring and supportive.